1, Contracts Manager
The Contract Manager will be a first point of contact for clients, sub-contractors, and work force and will demonstrate the ability to deal with or delegate queries professionally and responsibly.
This role will suit a well organised, ambitious and motivated individual who is approachable, well-mannered with a proven track record in the roofing industry.
Key tasks for the role include:
- Daily liaison with clients and working supervisors/chargehands for reports and updates regarding the progression of projects.
- Responsible for overseeing the running of several projects at one time including, contract/project progress, quality control and ensuring projects are built to specification, delivered on time and within budget.
- Communicate with the team to ensure materials are ordered, delivered, loaded and dispatched efficiently and accurately
- Compilation and reviewing Method Statements & Risk Assessments.
- Ensure H&S Compliance is met – carrying out regular Tool Box Talks, WIP Assessments and Health & Safety Site Audits ensuring reports are typed up and filed monthly.
- Being able to Identify deviations from the proposal, including variations, scope and specifications.
- Sending project specific Weekly Key Objective reports to Directors to show current workload and status.
- Surveying new projects, submitting measurements, proposed specifications and client requirements to the estimating team.
- Attend on-site meetings as and when required.
Skills required include:
- Contribution to the team effort and playing an integral part in the smooth running of projects
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- well organised, flexible individual with excellent problem-solving abilities and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent people management, time management and scheduling skills.
- Positive with the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Commitment towards continual personal professional development.
- Proficient PC skills in excel, word, outlook.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- NVQ in Construction Management
- a full, clean U.K. drivers licence,
- Valid CSCS Card
- SMSTS certificate
- DBS (to be obtained by the Company)
- Ability to work at heights
Experience in Flat roofing contracts management is preferred, while construction contracts management experience is an advantage. This position is also open to applicants currently studying.
2, Single-Ply/Flat Roofer
Due to an increase in on-going works we require a Flat Roofer to join our installation team with experience in Single-ply roofing systems. Previous works with Liquid applied waterproofing systems, built-up-felt and hotmelt would be an advantage
You must be able to work unsupervised, be highly motivated, have high standards of workmanship and able to work to strict deadlines.
Applicants must be prepared to travel/lodge to fulfil nationwide contracts.
Ideal candidates will have:
- a full, clean U.K. drivers licence,
- NVQ level 2 qualification,
- CSCS card with working at heights
- Up to date installer cards,
- Manual Handling Certificate(s)
- Asbestos Awareness Certificate(s)
References required, excellent career and earning opportunities for the right applicant.
3, Apprentice Flat Roofer
No previous experience is necessary however some construction experience would be an advantage.
- Site Supervisor, Contracts Managers, or Directors
Required skills / experience / qualifications:
- Ambition to for a career in roofing
- Ability to follow instructions
- Efficient and punctual
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Keen to acquire NVQ L2 minimum qualification
- Must have responsibility of achieving core competencies to achieve NVQ pass
- Good level of English / Maths
- Must pass CITB Health and Safety touch screen test, and acquire CSCS Card
- Compliance with company Health and Safety policy and current regulations
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with our Customers site rules and safety regulations
- Effective communication with line manager, contract management and other staff
- Courteous liaison with builder site staff and home owners if applicable.
- Undertake work as instructed by line manager
- Speedily report findings and any reason you are unable to carry out works as instructed
- Carry out roofing and any other work in accordance with the Company’s Risk Assessments, Method Statement and Environmental Policies
- Aim to achieve a required minimum of NVQ level 2 competence within the training timetable period
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of any other Manuka Roofing operative worked with
- Other reasonable duties assigned by Line Manager, Contracts Management or Directors
Future career progression:
- Once qualified to NVQ standard, Progression within Manuka Roofing to Chargehand/supervisors, Site Supervisor roles, Contracts Managers etc.
"At Manuka Roofing Ltd - we have a proven record of providing high levels of quality workmanship and meeting high standards of Health & Safety. We welcome all applicants who can share our vision."
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence, Due to high levels of application unfortunately only successful applicants will be contacted.
Manuka Roofing has a policy to advertise all vacancies internally and ensure consistent application of their Equal Opportunities Policy.